Help! How Do You Export???

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by creation 5, Feb 14, 2008.

1. creation 5 macrumors newbie

I know this is simple - so simple - but I'm a novice at Final Cut Pro - but could someone tell me how do you export your project out of Soundtrack Pro 2 to DVD Studio Pro 4??? Please advise and thanks for taking time with the rookie!

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

File Menu > Send to

3. creation 5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your assistance - but I don't have that option - when I go to file my choices are:
    New
    Open
    Open Recent
    Close Project
    Save
    Save As
    Conform Projects
    Import OMF
    Import AMF
    Export AAF

I've saved it in my movies and documents but when I go to import assets in DVD Studio Pro - the prompt tells me incompatible format.
    Any suggestions? Thanks again for yout time.
    C5F

4. AviationFan macrumors 6502a

AviationFan

Are you using Soundtrack Pro 2?

First of all, I assume you are editing a multitrack project and not an audio file, right? There should be a "File -> Export..." option. Look at page 396, chapter 16, of the Soundtrack Pro user's guide for details; the short version is that from this export dialog, you can create multiple mono files (such as 6 files for a 5.1 mix) and turn them into an AC3 file (Dolby Digital, stereo or 5.1) using Compressor, or use "Exporting a Master Mix to a Compressed Audio File" to do this all in one step.

Either way, what you do is encode your audio using Dolby Digital (AC3) for DVD Studio Pro. You can use uncompressed AIFFs in DVD Studio, but they use a lot of the available space on the DVD, and unless you have specific reasons to go that route it is usually recommended to encode Dolby Digital, even if it's just stereo.

Hope this helps!

- Martin

5. creation 5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I'm using Soundtrack Pro 2 - Thanks for the info AviationFan! I'll give it a shot.