Price Advice Help! How much can a macbook pro with damage sell for?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by indie321, Mar 22, 2013.

1. indie321 macrumors newbie

I have a Macbook Pro that i bought in september of 2009. It still works great but has some problems...the entire keyboard doesn't light up anymore, the disc drive doesnt work and its missing the X key. Im selling it because i have a new one and am sick of storing it/lugging it around when i move. Its the 13' and just is the basic one from the store with no upgrades.

How much should i sell it for? This guy contacted me who refurbishes old computers and said it was worth 100, but i have a friend who said the hard drive alone was worth 170.

Super untechy and confused! Any advice?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

3. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Its worth a lot more than $100 and the hard drive is worth a lot less than $170 unless its a large SSD.

Check eBay completed listings - also look at the description must of the damaged ones there will be completely not working - meaning the logic board is most likely fried.

4. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

Your friend is wrong. That HDD is worth probably 80 at most.

5. Ann P macrumors 68020

6. iPhonesandMacs macrumors regular

the hard drive is not worth $170 unless its like a 256GB SSD

----------

no even that, you can get a 500GB HD brand new for $60