Help! How to convert local HTML files to PDFs?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by timidhermit, Oct 7, 2012.

1. timidhermit macrumors 6502

I am at a lost of how to seek help on this, so I am trying out this forum.

I have a copy of my own website that I have cached entirely in my local hard disc. The site has a bunch of html files and javascript files. I want to find a way to CONVERT the entire website full of these html files to a big PDF file.

I tried Adobe Acrobat that has a function to "extract" website to convert to PDF, but it does not work (errors out). These files are NO LONGER online (the website has long been decommissioned) so I cannot get Acrobat to access them online.

Can someone please help?

2. netslacker macrumors 6502

The easy way that comes to mind is to load the HTML file into Safari and then print it to PDF.

File->Print->as PDF

3. timidhermit thread starter macrumors 6502

No, that was not what I was looking for. The website has many, many HTML pages. I need the conversion to be done for ALL of the pages automatically and then combined them into a single PDF (each page in the PDF would be a HTML page).

Help?

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

That may not be what you are looking for, but that is what you have to do. There is no natural order to separate HTML pages on a website. Therefore, it is impossible to automate the general case of all webpages associated with a particular website.

5. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Probably not impossible with some scripting or something of the sort but an off-the-shelf solution like the OP is asking for seems unlikely.