Help How to erase Fake Cydia App???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Nrth16, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Nrth16 macrumors newbie

I was trying to jailbreak my iphone and must have downloaded a fake Cydia as it keeps asking me to download apps in order to get cydia. After I attempted to download 3 apps its contiunes to ask me to download just one more... So I started researching and come to find out it must be a fake.

When I tried to delete the app and hold down the app to get the "X" to delete it there is no X to delete the app

Can anyone please help me get rid of it!?

The name of the app was iOSPangu

in the directions it says download and open a free app to unlock cydia....

now that I have my phone jailbroken the proper way now I have two cyida icons but one just takes me to the apps

Please help!

2. simplydat macrumors member

3. Nrth16 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not sure what that means?

4. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

Restore to 8.4 and jailbreak again with TaiG or PP. if you don't understand, GOOGLE.....many tutorials around :)
    And hurry, 8.4 wont be signed by Apple for much long....

5. Nrth16 thread starter macrumors newbie

So I deleted cydia and then jailbroke it again however when cyida installed both cydia icons were there...

6. zone23 macrumors 68000

The time you've spent messing with it you could have restored and re-jailbroke by now. Since 8.4 is still being signed you can still restore. People are giving you advise take it.

7. Nrth16 thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess I am a newbie to all this and i am not understanding clearly what is ment buy that. when I restore it the "bad" cydia icon shows up and then I jailbreak it but I still have two icons...

8. zone23 macrumors 68000

What we are suggesting is to download the IPSW and do a total reinstall and wipe of the device. You can start by downloading the IPSW from here:

https://ipsw.me

Then you go to iTunes and (I only know how to do it on a Mac) hold down the options key and click restore point it to the IPSW file you downloaded. I would not restore the settings from a iTunes backup I would start fresh.

Not to say that someone else may have a solution and say I'm crazy but this is what I would do.

Edit:
    On windows hold the shift key and click restore.

9. zone23 macrumors 68000

DO NOT INSTALL IOS 8.4.1!! BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD 8.4!!

10. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

Just download Impactor from the Cydia store and use it to completely restore the phone back to 8.4 and then jailbreak again using the proper tool.