Help how to fix wet iphone (specific story)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wetiphone, Oct 10, 2009.

1. wetiphone macrumors newbie

Question...
    Here is my iphone story, I hope you can tell me what to do.

I put it in a basket and then I put a wet bottle in the basket (I didn't realize) so a little bit of water entered the iphone but it was still on I don't really know for how long but about half an hour.

When I took it it was on but I don't know if with the movement or as a coinsidence it turned off as if it was out of battery, did the whole proces of turning kind of gray with the circle in the middle and then it turned white for about 5 seconds.

Then I soaked the water with my mouth, dried it with apiece of clothe and pluged it to my computer but nothing happened.(I tried this several times

After leaving it in front of the heating I plueged it again and it vibrated but did nothing else.

I put it in front of th heatting again and a red ligth in the front appears but when I grab it again it dissappears. I can't see anything red on the earphone jack.

I left it all nigth in front of the heatting and in rice. when would it be safe to try plugging it again or did I already killed it?

Thanks for reading! I hope you have an answer.

2. SkottDMD macrumors 6502

I'd wait another day before plugging it in to be safe. I'm not sure if plugging the phone in would have killed yours but it certainly isn't something that should be done immediately following exposure to water. The sensor in the headphone jack is not the only water sensor on the phone. If you look in the dock you will see a strip behind the pin connector.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The worst thing you could have done was to keep plugging it in. Let it sit in the rice for a few days (preferably in an enclosed bag). The heat you are applying is not such a great idea.