HELP!! how to get ie on VM

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by mac-atac, Mar 8, 2011.

1. mac-atac macrumors newbie

hey, im new to the mac world and loving it! but, sadly i have to run a program thru windows so i got VMWARE fusion 3.0 and managed to get that up and running on my macbookpro. i installed the program (quickbooks student edition 19) but now it says i need ie.... im running xp 64bit by the way. PLEASE any help as to how to get ie on it so i can finally do my assignment!

thankyou all

2. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

Internet Explorer should come as part of the Windows XP install. Have you ran Windows Update to make sure you have installed the latest version of IE?

3. mac-atac thread starter macrumors newbie

it didnt thats the weird thing and as it doesnt... it seems to not want to establish a internet connection thus not allowing it to check for updates! :(
    any ideas?

4. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with VMWARE Fusion to know what the problem could be. I always run Windows natively on a separate partition. Sorry :(.

Maybe someone will message in who knows a solution to your problem later.

5. Hansr macrumors 6502a

IE isn't bundled with some version of Windows in Europe because of some anti competitive practices laws. Grab it from the Mac side and copy over the shared folders. For the network make sure your network settings are correctly bridged which sometimes requires a restart after installing VMWare. Details are on their support site.