Help! How to group videos/films on iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wez99950, Mar 31, 2009.

1. wez99950 macrumors member

I'm not really great with technology and I was wondering would somebody be able to give me a step-by-step guide on how to put videos under one title (like an audiobook, if that's possible). My sister uploaded videos on youtube of her wedding/holidays etc and I have them on my iTunes (there are about 20 of them!) but in the movie library it all looks a mess! I was wondering is it possible to put all the movies under one title? I know I can just make a playlist or something but can be same be done in the movie library?
    Thank you very much!

2. TheCheapGeek macrumors 6502

If you moved them to to media type "TV shows" and put them into a "season" they will show up as one entry on the grid view. To do this

Select all the files and rights click to get info.

On the last tab change the media type to "TV Shows"

Then on the second tab, Make and album "Wedding Videos"

This will create one entry under the TV show section in iTunes.

You can also add a picture to sever as album art in iTunes.

3. NightStorm macrumors 68000

You can group movies together by putting the same text in one of the boxes in the iTunes tagging interface. I don't remember which one off the top of my head though. I did this to group both parts of each of the Lord of the Rings movies together so I didn't have 2 entries on the main "My Movies" listing on my AppleTV.

If I remember I'll check when I get home.

4. ecoons macrumors member

found it

if you do the same album, then they show up under the same artwork if they would be next to each other in coverflow view. (great thread btw, I was always wanting to do this with Godfather Part 2!)

Edit: Also, sometimes you have to mess around with "compilation"