Help....how to play onboard music on S2

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by Sword86, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Sword86 macrumors regular

Simply put, I have loaded a playlist onto my S2 SS and want to play it from there. I have a set of BT headphones paired so I can play music from my phone but now I want to play the music that is onboard the watch. Anytime the watch is in range of the phone it re-pairs and wants to play from my phone. What do I have to do to get it to play from the music on the watch? Keep the phone out of BT range? Wouldn't that kill the headphone pairing too? Thanks S

2. CobraPA macrumors 6502a

What kind of bluetooth headphones? You can normally pick the bluetooth headset again on the watch to re-attach it.

If they are not Apple AirPods, then you could forget them on the iPhone and they will stay paired to your watch. That way they can't switch, although you would need to re-pair them to the iPhone when you want to use them with it again.

3. Sword86 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I messed around a bit and found where I can pair the headphones from the watch with the phone's BT off. There's also a place to select either the phone's music OR the watch's content. I have yet to give it a try but I don't anticipate any issues. Thanks again. S

4. CobraPA macrumors 6502a