Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hessel89

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2017
Netherlands
HELP! Logic Pro X 10.5 Literally ruined my Projects!

I updated to Logic Pro 10.5 and now Logic won't open a multi channel version of a plugin I have been using very intensively over the last 8 years! (the Virus TI)
This means that most of my projects from 2012 till now won't have this essential instrument in them!!

Is there any way I can legally re-download Logic Pro 10.4.8? And I mean the official way.
I have officially purchased Logic Pro so I rather not get it from torrent!

Reactions: gert.sorensen

Neal Cavanaugh

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2020
California, USA
HELP! Logic Pro X 10.5 Literally ruined my Projects!

I updated to Logic Pro 10.5 and now Logic won't open a multi channel version of a plugin I have been using very intensively over the last 8 years! (the Virus TI)
This means that most of my projects from 2012 till now won't have this essential instrument in them!!

Is there any way I can legally re-download Logic Pro 10.4.8? And I mean the official way.
I have officially purchased Logic Pro so I rather not get it from torrent!

this is outrageous. I'm a paid up Logic user and the people I bought it from won't give it to me for a download.
They force you to 10.5 which causes a year's worth of problems.

Hessel89

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2017
Netherlands
this is outrageous. I'm a paid up Logic user and the people I bought it from won't give it to me for a download.
They force you to 10.5 which causes a year's worth of problems.

It is! I was on the phone with Apple for literally 50 minutes and the only solution I got was to install High Sierra and download LPX 10.4.8 from there. They couldn't just provide me a download link.. Ridiculous! I eventually solved it by borrowing an older Mac from my wife..

• Angry
Reactions: gert.sorensen

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
It's not just Logic Pro X…why can't users easily download prior, free versions of macOS?

There are several third-party plugins that have gone haywire with this update. What excuse does the plugin developer give for the issue? Do they not get pre-release versions of Logic Pro X to test? I know that NI has responded to users that a fix is coming…a fix that should have already come.

For years I've been zipping the currently installed version of LPX before replacing it with the new one. It is standard procedure. See the top of the release notes:

maplingstorie

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2009
Malaysia
10.5 is horrible (beside the new features). Spinning wheel everywhere, laggy interface. Back to Ableton now while waiting for 10.5.1 for speed and performance improvements.

gert.sorensen

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2017
Same problem here. It's killing my MacPro 2012.....I thinh they want us to buy new hardware. It's SOOOOOOO slow. I had to remove manually components to make it work.
[automerge]1592069346[/automerge]
It's not just Logic Pro X…why can't users easily download prior, free versions of macOS?

There are several third-party plugins that have gone haywire with this update. What excuse does the plugin developer give for the issue? Do they not get pre-release versions of Logic Pro X to test? I know that NI has responded to users that a fix is coming…a fix that should have already come.

For years I've been zipping the currently installed version of LPX before replacing it with the new one. It is standard procedure. See the top of the release notes:

Arrogant behaviour from Apple.

vemac575

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2018
I don't understand why you don't just download 10.4.8 as a torrent and keep both versions in the Applications folder. It's the easiest and most sure shot way to do it.

ficheye

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2020
I don't understand why you don't just download 10.4.8 as a torrent and keep both versions in the Applications folder. It's the easiest and most sure shot way to do it.
Because most people don't understand how to do that. You would be one hell of a person if you provided precise instructions for us to read, assuming that most people are complete newbies to doing something like this.

Also, El Capitan breaks the links between the projects that you've made and they no longer show up as Logic project files; they now show up only as plugin documents. Later, looking at 'all files' in the finder, I discovered all the bits and pieces of every project as far as aif files go, but these files are in invisible folders. Mac has a business model that nudges people along to buy the newest and the latest, otherwise you wouldn't buy anything at all for years.

FireArse

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2004
hello all - I have a similar problem, but the fix above doesn’t appear to resolve.

I am constrained to using Mojave (hardware driver limitation) and I’d like to buy / free trial logic 10.5 (any newer and I need macOS 10.15)

I can’t seem to find a legit way of getting a copy.
Can anyone help at all? I’d want to go the formal route because I can’t trust other sources.
F

Reactions: thefallingmonster

thefallingmonster

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2021
Ya, I'm just looking for Logic 10.4.+ ...running Mojave(10.14.X) but cannot find out how to upgrade.

I have 64bit so I could get OS10.15 then easily update to LP 10.5.+ but don't want that ****ing diarrhea.

Any insight is appreciated.

Dockland

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2021
Sweden
Just curios, but why doesn't the third party vendors upgrade their plugins to support upcoming version / or current version of a software? If the plugin states that it's fully compatible with Logic Pro I will assume that it will work "indefinitely" I don't know if Apple/Logic Pro is to blame here. BUT again, i'm not an expert, but Software(s) do upgrade from time to time.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Just curios, but why doesn't the third party vendors upgrade their plugins to support upcoming version / or current version of a software? If the plugin states that it's fully compatible with Logic Pro I will assume that it will work "indefinitely" I don't know if Apple/Logic Pro is to blame here. BUT again, i'm not an expert, but Software(s) do upgrade from time to time.
You assume incorrectly to put it bluntly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.