Help... (how to reinstall iLife after OS upgrade?)

dansmith3003

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
I have recently bought a MacBook pro with iLife 08 pre-installed. However inn the box was 2 Mac Os X Install Disk 2 disks. Im guessing that install disk 1 is the disk which iLife 08 is on. I am buying Leopard next week. If I upgrade from tiger instead of doing a clean install, will it retain all of my files and programmes on the MacBook Pro and put them into leopard or will i have to install everything again and buy another copy of iLife 08 ?

Forgive my ignorance, i've only been a Mac user for 2 months.

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
Both an upgrade and an archive and install will keep all your apps and your docs in place. Only an erase and install will remove your apps/docs.

emegmac

macrumors regular
May 19, 2007
iLife 08 will be on the install disks, so no need to worry about buying it again.
Can anyone conform that. I wouldn't think that is right , otherwise apple could not charge seperate prices for ilife and osx.

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
Can anyone conform that. I wouldn't think that is right , otherwise apple could not charge seperate prices for ilife and osx.
iLife has always been included with a new computer purchase, so it is on the install disks that came with your computer, but it is not on a retail version of the OS.