Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eRondeau

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2004
Canada's South Coast
Cool effect. This is done using multiple cameras arranged equidistant apart, and all synchronized to snap at the same instant. Looking at the video I would say they used at least a dozen cameras in a broad "sweep" in front of the model (and by that I mean they're not in a straight line, they're in sort of a wide semicircle arrangement, to get the 3D effect.) As long as each camera snaps at the exact same split-second, you'll end-up with a dozen (apx) different views of that split-second, each from a slightly different angle. The rest is simply a matter of editing them together smoothly. And obviously, the more cameras = a wider range of "motion". And to be extra clear, by "cameras" I'm not talking video cameras, I'm talking regular digital still cameras. Many models can be activated by remote control, so just get a whole bunch of identical cameras, set 'em up, and then click the remote control to fire them all at the exact same instant.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.