Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ikstej24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 11, 2004
ATLANTA, GA
The scanner works, the copy function works, the printer is added with the correct information, but everytime I go to print anything in any program it comes up with an error. An example is in preview it just says "error during printing". You click ok and that is it. Does anyone know what is going on here?

This is the first time I have run into something like this.

I am running 10.4.2

Ikstej24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 11, 2004
ATLANTA, GA
jamesW135 said:
Could be the software are you sure its compatible with OSX? :confused:

Yes all the software is compatable. Everything works but the printing function. I keep on getting that error. This printer has also been on a mac before.

simie

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2004
Sitting
Taken from HP.com

HP All-in-One Inkjet Printers - Mac OS: Print only drivers for HP All-in-One peripherals built into Mac OS X v10.4 (Tiger)
Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger and HP All-in-One devices
Printing: The latest HP printer driver for this device is built into Tiger for print only functionality. To continue using your HP All-in-One, follow the steps below to reconfigure your HP All-in-One to print with Tiger.

HP All-in-One Inkjet software: The software included with your HP All-in-One (HP Image Zone, HP Image Edit, HP Image Print, HP Gallery, etc.) should continue to work under Mac OS 10.4 Tiger with few or no additional problems. HP will provide an updated version of the software in the near future.

Scanning and Faxing: Scan capabilities should function properly with the in-box or WEB download software. If your HP All-in-One supports faxing, you will not be able to send faxes from the Mac until updated HP software is available. Full functionality will be restored with updated HP software.

NOTE: Most HP All-in-Ones that are networked with Ethernet or 802.11 wireless can be discovered (and a printer queue created) with Bonjour. However, it is recommended that you follow the steps below for better performance with the full HP Image Zone software.
HP All-in-One setup instructions for Tiger:
To best take advantage of the latest HP driver and new Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger features, you should delete existing HP printer queues, using the Printer Setup Utility, and create new ones.

After an upgrade install of Mac OS 10.4 Tiger, the HP software should still be installed but print drivers should be reconfigured following the steps below.

If you did a clean install of Tiger (not an upgrade), skip step 4, below.
Open the System Preferences application.
Click Print and Fax preference button.
Make sure the Printing tab is selected.
If you are upgrading from a previous version of Mac OS X, click on your existing printer queue and remove it by pressing the - button.
To add a new printer queue, click + button. The Printer Browser dialog appears.
If your printer is in the list, select it, and click Add. Skip to step 9. If your printer is not shown in the list, and you are connecting to it via USB, see the troubleshooting section of your printer’s manual.
If your printer is not shown in the list, and you are connecting to your printer over a network, click More Printers, and choose HP IP Printing from the popup menu.
If your printer is in the list, select it, and click Add. Skip to step 9. If your printer is not shown:
Click Manual tab.
Enter the IP address of your printer. (See your printer’s manual for details on how to obtain this.)
Click Connect. The printer name appears in the Printer information section.
Click Add. If your printer is not located, “Not Found” will appear. See the troubleshooting section of your printer’s documentation.
Close System Preferences dialog, launch your favorite application, and make sure you can print.

Ikstej24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 11, 2004
ATLANTA, GA
Thank you for the input. I have tried that, and I even resorted back to uninstalling the drivers and then reinstalling them off of the OS X install dvd. Nothing seems to be working. The funny thing is that the HP utility program will tell me my ink level, clean the heads, and print a test page, but it still will not print.

Is there anything else I can try?

simie

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2004
Sitting
Here's a few suggestions.

Have you clicked on Start Jobs, you will find it preferences and then in print and fax then double click on your printer driver.

If you are running the printer through a usb hub - then connect the printer directly to your Mac.

Disconnect all other USB devices (except keyboard and mouse, if applicable)

Try another USB port.

Try repairing permissions

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.