Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ebrohman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
I need serious help to find the default .plist files for the volume controls in the ipad 2. I jailbroke (while it was available), downloaded volume boost from cydia, and it then erased the data in a few of my .plist files, specifically:

system/library/privateframeworks/celestial.framework/defaultmodel.plist

system/library/privateframeworks/celestial.framework/Info.plist

system/library/privateframeworks/celestial.framework/AutoJackIn.plist

private/var/mobile/Library/Perferences and BACKUP FILE: com.apple.celestial.plist

These files are all empty now (with the exception of the last one) and my volume buttons crash the SB. I use a volume slider in SBSettings but any time I touch the volume hard button it crashes. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE POST THESE FILES SO I CAN RESTORE FUNCTIONALITY???

Also, does anyone know if I do a restore from a backup on my iPad 2 if it will KEEP THE JAILBREAK from jailbreakme 3.0??? I'd rather have non-working buttons than no jailbreak.

IS THERE ANY SOLUTION TO FIX MY PLIST FILES?

jake4ever

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2009
Ma'on La'oved, Hadera, Israel
I need serious help to find the default .plist files for the volume controls in the ipad 2. I jailbroke (while it was available), downloaded volume boost from cydia, and it then erased the data in a few of my .plist files, specifically:

system/library/privateframeworks/celestial.framework/defaultmodel.plist

system/library/privateframeworks/celestial.framework/Info.plist

system/library/privateframeworks/celestial.framework/AutoJackIn.plist

private/var/mobile/Library/Perferences and BACKUP FILE: com.apple.celestial.plist

These files are all empty now (with the exception of the last one) and my volume buttons crash the SB. I use a volume slider in SBSettings but any time I touch the volume hard button it crashes. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE POST THESE FILES SO I CAN RESTORE FUNCTIONALITY???

Also, does anyone know if I do a restore from a backup on my iPad 2 if it will KEEP THE JAILBREAK from jailbreakme 3.0??? I'd rather have non-working buttons than no jailbreak.

IS THERE ANY SOLUTION TO FIX MY PLIST FILES?

Probably not, because the iPad 2 jailbreak isn't exactly perfect.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
If you can't find the right forum to post this in, the chances of you finding the plist files are pretty slim.

Ebrohman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
If you can't find the right forum to post this in, the chances of you finding the plist files are pretty slim.

MCJD: you're a dick head, you obviously have time to post, why not post the location of what I'm looking for? I guess an iPad forum isn't proper grounds to ask about an iPad.

If anyone knows what this dick is talking about please help out...I'm looking for the plist files as it pertains to the earlier post...

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
MCJD: you're a dick head, you obviously have time to post, why not post the location of what I'm looking for? I guess an iPad forum isn't proper grounds to ask about an iPad.

If anyone knows what this dick is talking about please help out...I'm looking for the plist files as it pertains to the earlier post...

Here's the iPad Hacks link. You should be able to get some help there.

EDIT* I'd avoid calling people names around here. It can easily get you put in timeout. :)

link

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.