HELP I am in love with the iMac

dingdongbubble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2007
Practically speaking the Macbook is what I want and should be getting. But yesterday I went to a store and there was the old iMac which I like better than the new one. Its big looks, large screen etc etc just made me want it. I know I dont need the power that the iMac has and the Macbook should be enough for me. But the only the looks made me drool.

Can you tell me how I can get over this? Because I know I will be kicking myself for getting a desktop and forgoing portability.

dingdongbubble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2007
This is worse:

I seem to like the 17" model cuz its looks cute. Man this is worse than having a crush.

I am quite sure that I will kill myself if I buy the 17" model. Small screen AND desktop and unnecessary power for the time being.

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
This is worse:

I seem to like the 17" model cuz its looks cute. Man this is worse than having a crush.

I am quite sure that I will kill myself if I buy the 17" model. Small screen AND desktop and unnecessary power for the time being.

Resistance is futile:p

just trying to help you make a decision here:eek:

emptyCup

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2005
While the 17" model looks small in the store, especially sitting next to the larger models, it is a very comfortable size at home. Unless you can't afford it, computing power is never a bad thing and its screen is certainly not small compared to the Macbook's 13.1" screen.

Why do you think you need a Macbook? How much portability do you really need?

dingdongbubble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2007
I am tired of sitting on my butt in the same place while calling my mom continuously to have a look at some family pics and I want to read some books and maybe watch a movie in the night in bed and there are more reasons for me getting a Macbook and not a desktop.