HELP!! I am trying to sync my phone, but itunes is stuck

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by russell1256, Sep 21, 2014.

1. russell1256 macrumors regular

I am syncing my 4S, but itunes has been stuck on copying the same photo for about an hour. What should I do?

2. Inframan macrumors 6502

Inframan

Well, Assuming your phone is backed up, click the little X and stop the syncing. Eject your iPhone and make sure both your iPhone and iTunes has up to date software running.

Once thats done, you can sync it again but this time uncheck "Automatically Sync" so you can go in and actually sync only the things you want to sync.

Im also not sure what you mean by its syncing a photo, do you mean that you are trying to add a photo on your iPhone by syncing it from a folder or event from iPhoto or do you mean you are trying to get your photos off your iPhone and into your iPhoto library? If thats the case and as long as all your software is current all you would need to do is open iPhone and import your photos directly into iPhoto from iPhoto. You can always drag and drop photos into iMessage from your Mac and it shows up on your iPhone and you can save it to your recent photos album.

I think we need more info on whats going on to be able to help you. Worst case you need to restore your phone. Just make sure its been backed up otherwise your screwed.