HELP! I bricked my iPhone 4

gladoscc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
Okay, so I am selling my iPhone 4 for an 4S I just bought (the 4S sucked through, waste of $800). I used the 'Reset all content and settings' that returns it to factory state, but now I see an apple logo with a empty white bar. I waited for 30 mins without anything happening.

Problem is, no matter what I press the iPhone doesn't turn off. I tried holding the top and home buttons, I tried instructions to enter DFU mode, no dice. iTunes will not recognize it.

Help?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
sigh....

it isn't bricked

you cant use reset all settings on a JB foon

you'll have to get it into DFU and restore.
Hold power and home until the screen turns off, count 3 seconds and than release power while keep home pressed another 10 seconds

screen should remain black when you release home, you're in DFU

restore through itunes.

If you needed unlock be sure to make a custom firmware file to keep your BB

AND READ UP

Last edited:

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
Okay, so I am selling my iPhone 4 for an 4S I just bought (the 4S sucked through, waste of $800). I used the 'Reset all content and settings' that returns it to factory state, but now I see an apple logo with a empty white bar. I waited for 30 mins without anything happening.

Problem is, no matter what I press the iPhone doesn't turn off. I tried holding the top and home buttons, I tried instructions to enter DFU mode, no dice. iTunes will not recognize it.

Help?
Since you are selling a bricked iphone 4. I will pay $50 for it + shipping. Deal?

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
just get it in did mode and your fine. Exactly what the 2 poster said. If your not sure how to get it dfu iclarified has tutorials and there are a ton of video's on YouTube.