HELP I can not stream music to Airport Express from ITunes..

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mtolesen, Mar 4, 2008.

1. mtolesen macrumors newbie

Hello,

I got a Mac Air and bought an Airport Express.

I have configured the Airport Express so it is a client on my existing house wireless network.

The green LED on the Airport Express is on, and I have tried to turn the house wireless router on and off, and saw that the green LED went from green to flashing yello, and back to green, when the house wireless router was back on, so I count on that the Airport Express is regornized as a client, on my wireless network.

My Mac Air is also on the wireless, and fully connected to the internet.

The problem is that ITunes seems not to "see" airport express, the music only comes out of the Mac Air's own speaker, and not on the speaker system connected to the airport express.

What can be wrong, how do I create connection between Itunes and the airport express?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The Express is probibily on a different subnet. Go into its settings, and turn off NAT and DHCP. It is really hit-and-miss trying to get the express to join a non-Airport network. Try using the Express as your Wireless router, and wire it to your router. That will allow internet access and AirTunes use.

TEG

3. mtolesen thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi TEG,

Thanks for the answer, I am a bit of a rookie on Apple, would there be a place where I can find out how to turn off NAT and DHCP?

I am using the setup procedure in Airport Utility, to configure the Airport Express to be a client, but if I go in into manual setup, won't that setup be overwritten by the setup procedure?

thanks again.

4. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Bottom of the iTunes window is a small box - there's a way (I'm on a different computer right now, so I don't remember the specifics) to change speakers. At home, I think mine says "multiple speakers", or something. Mine will play through the speaker system hooked up to the MBP and through the separate AirTunes speakers simultaneously if I want.

5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Use the Airport Setup Utility to configure the AirPort Express (Applications->Utilities).

Also, you must select a speaker in the lower right of the iTunes window.

TEG

6. mtolesen thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello Batt and TEG,

The problem is that I don't have the small box avalible in ITunes, so something has gone wrong, I just cannot figur out why ITunes cannot see my Airport Express.

Teg, I am actually using Airport Express Utility to configure mt Airport Express, but it seems that it is not doing it right.