help i cant get my iphone off the restore screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by oftheheavens, Jul 13, 2008.

1. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

well i got impatient and started screwing with the baseband (i think that is what it is called) on my 2G iphone. Using Ziphone advanced settings i clicked on the 3.9 to 4.6 setting (i think that is what it is, sorry i am at work away from my macbook) it made it like half way through and then went to the screen with the plug pointing toward the itunes symbol. Now it just keeps going to the apple screen and back to the itunes connect screen. i can't turn it off and a hard restore won't work either. i tried restoring it to 1.1.4 and it says unknown error (20) and wont restore it. also i tried letting the battery drain completly and then start it in restore mode but that didnt work either

another side note: it was jailbroke because my SIM card was locked out, when i updated to 2.0 (i know it was dumb) it locked it and said invalid SIM, I should have just been patient for the pwnage update but i wasn't.

any help on this would be great. i am in japan and i am going to try to get the new iphone today, but i have no idea what the restock rate is here.

2. oftheheavens thread starter macrumors 68000