HELP!! i cant start my macbook at all! keep getting kernel panic

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by D23, Jan 3, 2008.

1. D23 macrumors newbie

i have my macbook for well over a year and this mornng! i try to boot my macbook when all of a sudden the kernel panic thing pop up.. i didnt even get to the log-in screen yet, after i hit the power button, the grey screen pop up then the light dimm and kernel message pop up!!. it keeps doing that everytime i try to boot my macbook! can anyone tell me what i should do before i call apple ???

2. waremaster macrumors 6502

I would look into zapping the PRAM on your macbook if it's not getting very far into the boot stage. You may also want to try booting into single user mode and verbose so you can see what error messages that are happening if there is some sort of driver issue. Also you could boot from the Install disk and goto utilities and then disk utilities and verify the drive. And also do the repair permissions.

3. pkoch1 macrumors 6502a

pkoch1

Also, I'd physically check and reinstall your RAM. I just came across a computer this morning with the same problem (I work in apple tech support) It did not beep like most RAM problems, but I'd check it out.