Help I can't view my videos

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by bc82, Dec 8, 2011.

1. bc82 macrumors newbie

Hi

My Dad has spent hours converting home movies from VHS on to a DVD for me. I saved the files on to a memory drive and have tried to import them into I movie so that I can edit them, and it comes up with an error message and says file is not recognisable.

I have tried to open with quick time and windows media player and it doesn't work.

When I click the file it says

There is no application set to open the document “VIDEO_TS.IFO”.

There is no application set to open the document “VIDEO_TS.VOB”.

There is also a BUP file that is not recognisable either...

Please help! I wanted to edit the home movies and I don't think I am going to be able to! ;-(

2. Paratel macrumors 6502

Paratel

IF you are saying that you have the VOB files on your computer then here is what I would do. go to www.squared5.com and download MPEG streamclip. This is a free progam. drag the vob file into this and it should open. Depending on the software, you may need the QuicktimeMPEG2 componant installed which can be purchased from the app stor or apple.com. Of course, this is taking into the fact that your father correctly transcoded the VHS tapes to DVD and the Video_TS folders that contain the VOBs are legit.

3. simsaladimbamba

Despite the thread being a month old already, and it being one of many with the same question, and the question already being answered, why did you post?
    I don't mean that in any rude way, I just want to understand thread resurrections, especially ones, where the same info is just repeated again.

4. Paratel macrumors 6502

Paratel

Sorry about that, I guess I just wrote it out as I didn't look through your "links" that you posted. oh well

5. simsaladimbamba

And how did you come about this thread?

And no need to be sorry, you have been here longer than I am, thus I may get some answers, as the others I have asked, never returned.

6. Paratel macrumors 6502

Paratel

Just browsing through the forum and noticed this one had only one reply and thought I would put my measley 2 cents in as others tend to do on my posts, lol