Help! I deleted daughter's iPod Touch notes!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jelbe5, Dec 28, 2010.

1. jelbe5 macrumors newbie

I hope someone can help me. I have an iPod Touch 4th gen. and my dd has an iPod Touch 2nd gen. We have one MacBook. I created a separate iTunes library for my dd for her music and that is what she syncs her iPod to. Today I attempted to sync her notes in her iPod to her email account on the computer. I synced her iPod to her iTunes library. When it was done ALL her notes were gone and MY notes from MY iPod were on hers. I don't understand how this happened. Is there anyway to recover her notes somehow? I have looked and looked at the computer for a folder where the notes may be but I find nothing. Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help.

Adrianne in IL

2. batman75 macrumors 6502

If she has MobileMe then the notes may be backed up to her MobileMe account. If not then she's out of luck.

3. nepolean77 macrumors newbie

deleted notes

I think once deleted they are gone we did the same thing and have not been able to retrieve notes, if you work out how please post here.

4. InfiniteLoopy macrumors 6502

Doesn't iTunes create backups that you can restore?

5. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

The iPod Notes are stored in a folder for each user on the computer. The notes are in the user folder in the Library/Mail/Mailboxes/Notes.mbox/Messages folder.

Each note is in a text file that has a .emlx extension.

If the notes were synced so the computer and you have a backup from BEFORE this issue, you should be able to restore them.

6. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

This is another possibility. You could try restoring your iPod from a backup that was created before the issue. However, your id will obviously be completely resorted to this point in time, so make sure you have any changes you made since the date of the backup.

FYI, I am not sure though if the notes are included in that backup...