HELP! I disconnected whilst syncing.. And now it's broken!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amesie1, Jun 25, 2008.

1. amesie1 macrumors newbie

Hey there,

Hopefully someone can help me.

I've had my iPod touch for 10 months now, and i've never had a problem with it until now.

I was syncing my iPod, and it was quite a large sync cause I had lots of photos to add, and towards the end of the sync something popped up to say that the latest software had downloaded and was ready to install. So I clicked on that to do so. Meanwhile, it was taking a long time, and I really needed to leave the house, so I disconnected the iPod from my computer (probably only about 2 minutes away from completing it's updates and sync).

However now whenever I turn it on all it displays is an image of the white adapter (used to connect the iPod to computer) on the bottom half of the screen, and in the middle is an image of the itunes logo.

If I try to reset, it displays the apple logo for a few seconds like with any normal reset then comes straight back to this screen.

It is unresponsive on this screen and the only function it can now manage is a reset, which doesn't even reset to the main screen!!!! When I connect it to itunes nothing happens and the device is not recognised:(

I've searched the net high & low and there seems to be no trouble shooting for this problem. I'm hoping someone can help me cause I feel lost without my ipod!!

2. allbrokeup macrumors 6502

Turn the device off. (Sleep Button and slide the Red Slider)

Connect it whilst holding the Home Button, don't let go of it until iTunes spits out a "iTunes has detected an iPod in Recovery Mode" message.

Do a Restore with iTunes, and then when it asks you to set it up, Click Restore from Backup if the option is there, it should then put your settings and then auto-sync your content back onto the device.

Cheers!

allbrokeup

P.S. If you cannot get the correct process with the "Connect with Home Button", simply disconnect it, and hold the Power and Home Buttons until it turns off, then when the Apple Logo appears, let go of the Power Button immediately, you will end up at the same screen that you are at, but iTunes will now recognize the iPod.​

3. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

its already there.

OP: your ipod is in recovery mode, you need to restore before you can do anything​