Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryefield

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Hi all. I'm running a jailbroken iPhone 3G 4.0 without Winterboard.
Then I tried installing a custom dialer; I followed the instructions given on several YouTube vids but it dodn't work the way I wanted so I started messing about with it (I did make BACKUPS, but they didn't help eventually).

* I changed stuff on two folders:
Root/ApplicationMobilePhone.app\
and
Root\Privet\Var\Stash\Applications.1q9ZwE\

What I did was attempting to Drag and Drop modified .png files I got from the net to these folders, replacing them over the original files. For some reason, the app got screwed up. Now I see the icon on the springboard, but when I click it it would just open for a split-second (still blank board) and shut down immediately.

Can you think of a way to help me?

btw- I tried downloading the stock-apps folder and copying the MobilePhone.app folder into mine, but it doesn't work. I guess it's not 4.0.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Good job:)
Thats why its a bad idea to mess with SSH filesystem too much without winterboards simplicity.
Try to see if finding the icons you replaced and upload them again. If that doesnt work just restore and redo the whole thing again.

ryefield

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
No way RESTORE is the only bloody way here mate!

Good job:)
Thats why its a bad idea to mess with SSH filesystem too much without winterboards simplicity.
Try to see if finding the icons you replaced and upload them again. If that doesnt work just restore and redo the whole thing again.

No way RESTORE is the only bloody way here mate!

It's just a bloody folder innit?
I mean, If someone could kindly upload a copy of his 4.0 MobilePhone.app folder, I reckon it should solve the problem, shouldn't it?

And regarding Winterboard, I reckon my 3G works about 30% faster without it, and since I can get the same effects (mod icons, backgrounds etc..) without own, why loading the phone for noffin?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I hope its that easy.
If I had a 3G model JB on 4.0 I'd hook you up.
Hope someone is willing to upload them for ya though if this thread just gets some more views.
I hear what you're saying about WB. It does slow the phone down alot and with 3G models forget it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.