Help, I have a question about selling the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macman4291, Apr 16, 2008.

1. macman4291 macrumors regular

I want to sell my iphone so I can profit on it before they release the newer one at WWDC, Make some money towards the new one...I was just wondering whats the best way to go about it when it comes to being registered through At&T...I already have Buyers in line....But just like unregistering it, ect....and Me paying for the Monthly Data plan now. Just some advice please

2. acarle208 macrumors member

I'll buy how much?

3. Fatum macrumors member

Fatum

Do you know something we don't?

Regards
    Fatum

4. macman4291 thread starter macrumors regular

Its a good price I will be selling it for, just over 400, and its about 6 months used, so thats pretty decent...And I have sources that are always right that the iphone along with the ipod touch will be updated at WWDC...And I would like to sell my current iphone because the specs I hear are going to be worth it.

But can someone please tell me the best way to go about selling, like going through At&t ect.

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

MacWorld or WWDC? MacWorld was in January

6. Fatum macrumors member

Fatum

That was my thought.

Regards
    Fatum

7. macman4291 thread starter macrumors regular

sorry WWDC...i just call every apple event macworld but I know it confused some...but WWDC in June

8. Fatum macrumors member

Fatum

Do you call every phone iPhone?
    Do you call every girl Jenny?
    Do you call all food pasta?
    Do you call every sport .......

You get my point?

Regards
    Fatum

9. macman4291 thread starter macrumors regular

chill out, Apple holds like 2 big events, WWDC seems like a dumb name...World Wide developers conference....its just a platform for Apple to release new products or updates...which in that case is like Macworld...the name doesnt mean anything to me...some of yall spaz out by any flaw made someone.

10. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

actually no. the world wide developers conference is actual a ten day event where developers...develop software. a small part of the conference (the keynote) actually involves new products.

11. Fatum macrumors member

Fatum

With all due respect, but the WWDC is not just a platform for new product release. It is what the name says. A developer event. I do not want to get into an argument with you, but the WWDC could survive very well without product presentations.

You might want to have a look on the sessions/labs taking place this year.

Btw, I really do not belive the in a presentation of the 3g iPhone at the WWDC.

Regards
    Fatum

12. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Right, what you gotta do is take your SIM card out then unlock the iPhone, you should be able to get a bit more money from it that way, too.

Ring up AT&T and get them to cancel your contract, you may have to pay a fee.

13. noobiestyle macrumors newbie

i sugest selling it on e-bay with an ending time of around 4-5 and you should beable to get more then expected..

14. pazreal macrumors regular

I would sell here, the community seams much more solid.

15. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

selling on ebay is pretty successful. if you are going to ship worldwide make sure it ends at around 4-6PM local time or 7-9AM

16. 7on macrumors 601

7on

He could keep the contract couldn't he? And just use the sim in another phone before he gets the new one.