Help. I have Blank Windows on my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by crl42490, Feb 27, 2012.

1. crl42490 macrumors newbie

Hi,

Ive been having this problem for a while and Im tired of it. I have deleted them and when i lock my phone and open it back up they come right back. And no its not that i have deleted apps and just need to move them over. I have not seen this before or ben able to find an answer. So i took a screen shot on my phone so people can help me. Oh and when i click the blank tile it opens up safari to a blank page. [​IMG]

2. No5tromo macrumors regular

No5tromo

Sounds like it's time for a restoration. Connect your iPhone to your computer, open iTunes and click the Restore button. Make sure you're backed up first.

3. normanbates macrumors regular

Is you iPhone JB? Have you tried doing a hard reset (hold the sleep/wake button and home button down together until the apple logo appears)?

4. crl42490 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've done both and its like when i back it up its saving whatever is doing that also and just putting back on my phone. Also no my phone isn't jailbroken i did jail brake my iPhone 3G but never my iPhone 4

5. No5tromo macrumors regular

No5tromo

Go to Settings -> General -> Reset
    and play with the Reset options... (as always make sure you're backed up)

6. normanbates macrumors regular

OK here's what you need to do.

a) Sync your contacts to software outside of iTunes, e.g. MS Outlook etc etc

b) backup your photo's and videos to your Hard drive (again outside of iTunes)

c) DELETE ALL Apps from the phone.

d) Start iTunes. Go to the iPhone summary screen and hold the shift key down and click 'Restore'

e) On the little window that pops up single click the restore file and then hold down shift and press the delete key, then confirm

f) Close the dialoge box that appeared. You can now click 'Restore' but not with the shift key pressed down this time. iTunes will advise all content will be erased, click OK and iTunes will download a fress restore file from Apple and then complete the restore.

Your device will be like new again.

g) Now re-sync your contacts from where ever you stored them, and pop your photos and videos back on. Play about with the phone and see if the problem comes back, if it does your contacts info or photos and video info is corrupt and you may need to delete a contact or several (or all of them) or pictures and videos to isolate the problem.

If it doesn't come back re-introduce your Apps one by one to see if it re-occurs after each new install