HELP I installed vista through boot camp and now cant boot back to MAC OS X

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by idle0095, Aug 5, 2008.

1. idle0095 macrumors member

I have mac os x installed in my mbp and i used bootcamp to install vista and now when ever i boot it goes to vista. how do i get it to boot to mac os x?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

You can try holding down the "Option Key" when the bong sounds and it should give you the option. You should also be able to insert the Leopard DVD into your computer and get the Startup Disk Application (or Control Panel) which you can use to change the startup disk on the computer (provided you didn't install Vista over OSX (which happens all the time).

TEG

3. idle0095 thread starter macrumors member

ill try the option key. i didnt install it over the leopared. boot camp made a windows parition of 32 gb and thats what i use to install vista on. someone told me to hold down X and i did that but only brought me to the windows options. i also dont have the leopared disc so i cant do it that way.

4. RinCa macrumors newbie

Vista has been set as the default OS. You change the default OS in Control Panel, Boot Camp or System Preferences. Whenever you want to temporarily boot to the other OS, power on the unit and hold down the "Option Key" BEFORE the bong sounds. Continue holding it until the boot selection screen comes up.

5. BullMooseFilms macrumors regular

Genius!

I just need to figure out how to "accidentally" do this now.

"gee teacher, I guess I'm stuck in vista" *Snaps fingers* :)