iPad Help! I just cracked my iPad. What do I do to get it fixed?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jacoblee23, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

I forgot that it was in my school bag and I sat my bag down too hard and cracked my iPad. I don't want to pay apple $299 for a replacement. What is the cheapest/best way to get this fixed and how bad do you think it is? Will this crack spread? It's an iPad 4.

Attached Files:

2. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

Cheapest way would be to steal a replacement.

Seriously, how much are you willing or able to pay? Nothing comes free, especially when you're talking about luxury item electronics.

3. Ann P macrumors 68020

Look around your city or town. There are small shops that specializes in fixing iphone and ipad screens. Start on Craigslist, or the yellow book.

4. royinla14 macrumors regular

when did you get it and how? if in the past 90 days and used Amex you are covered by purchase protection and they will pay for the fix.

5. dazz87 macrumors 6502

Amex cover physical damage? :confused: I know they double your Manufacturer Warranty but physical damage?

6. royinla14 macrumors regular

Yes they do :) for 90 days you are covered for damage and loss!
    I broke my ipad mini after 70 days, got full refund from Amex since it was not repairable. Broke my iPhone 5s a week after getting it (as you can see I had some bad luck), got a replacement for $269 and got the credit for that from Amex just the other week. Got to love Amex

7. dazz87 macrumors 6502

Wow that's good to know. Thanks