Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frankp201

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2014
I just updated my Macbook Pro 13in, (2010 i think). I saw my apps store had an update today, so i thought i'd check it out. It was an OSX update for Itunes 11.1.4 and RAW camera compatibility update 5.3. Minutes after the install the keyboard quit working along with the mouse pad.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

How can I fix it?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-23 at 5.13.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-01-23 at 5.13.15 PM.png
    112 KB · Views: 157

allthingsapple

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2013
I just updated my Macbook Pro 13in, (2010 i think). I saw my apps store had an update today, so i thought i'd check it out. It was an OSX update for Itunes 11.1.4 and RAW camera compatibility update 5.3. Minutes after the install the keyboard quit working along with the mouse pad.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

How can I fix it?

Strange, haven't seen that before. Shut the mac down and try doing a pram reset.

frankp201

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2014
Strange, haven't seen that before. Shut the mac down and try doing a pram reset.

What is a "pram reset"?

I have restarted it several times and it makes me link a bluetooth keyboard before it works. This is very frustrating.

frankp201

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2014
Ok I just fixed it!! Im so glad. All I had to do is try to restart my mac in safe mode. However, for some reason it froze and did not start up in safe mode, but it did fix my keyboard issue. Weird!

frankp201

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2014
But now it seems like its running slow. icons on my desktop sometimes flash on and off. My finder window sometimes will close by itself.

How can I fix this?

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
But now it seems like its running slow. icons on my desktop sometimes flash on and off. My finder window sometimes will close by itself.

How can I fix this?

This doesn't sound like an software issue. Did you do a download any betas before the final version of OS X?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

How can I fix this?

Like KdParker mentioned, this sounds more like a hardware issue. Try a command-r boot to recovery and from there start Disk Utility and do a repair disk. Does that show any errors?

Also, try running the Apple Hardware Test.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.