Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amod

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2002
buffalo,ny
Thanks for all your advice. You have all been quite helpful and informative. Considering price and the fact that my school will not let me teach my dv class with macs.... I bought a dell laptop (ouch). The thing is though I'm going to use the money I saved plus whatever I make this summer teaching summer school and I'm going to buy an ibook when it goes G4, whenever that is. I think that may solve both problems in the long run. It hurt though shelling out money for an inferior product because of the limited vision of my employer. But what can you do.. Wish me luck, I'll keep you posted. It's the first pc I ever bought (yikes) but I remain a mac person, I really do. Thanks again...

big

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2002
*sniff* sorry to see you go... good luck with the boss man, and later, set that dell up as a server and let it collect some dust!

buffsldr

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2001
Re: help, I might buy a dell!!

Originally posted by amod
I just thought I'd check to see if someone, seriously, can talk me out of buying a dell laptop. I'm thinking price only, really - plus I like sonic foundry programs like ACID and Vegas Video which are only wintel. I love my mac but a powerbook is out of my price range and a G3 ibook must be a lot slower compared to a p4...? Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Who cares? Go buy what you want. Go spend your money on a dell. You will save money. And in a year, you will know why Dell could sell you that computer so much cheaper. Most of us converts have had the same experience. We buy crap, spend hours fixing it, then go Apple.

McFreggle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2001
Dendermonde/Leuven, Belgium
Originally posted by amod
Thanks for all your advice. You have all been quite helpful and informative. Considering price and the fact that my school will not let me teach my dv class with macs.... I bought a dell laptop (ouch). The thing is though I'm going to use the money I saved plus whatever I make this summer teaching summer school and I'm going to buy an ibook when it goes G4, whenever that is. I think that may solve both problems in the long run. It hurt though shelling out money for an inferior product because of the limited vision of my employer. But what can you do.. Wish me luck, I'll keep you posted. It's the first pc I ever bought (yikes) but I remain a mac person, I really do. Thanks again...

Hey... Good luck, and have fun!

And I wish you to have a rich experience! It's very nice for me to have both platforms running! You do have a Mac left, don't you?

k.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.