Help! I need a program that does this..

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by superspiffy, Nov 3, 2007.

1. superspiffy macrumors 6502a

When I'm running a game (for example Starcraft) it takes up the entire MBP screen and my attached monitor turns blank. I want a way to isolate the game to just one monitor so I'm free to have anything I want for the other screen. Also my universal hotkeys that I've set up in Quicksilver (which I use to control my music) does not work anymore when the game is running, as if the game took over the entire computer. Is there a program that fixes all of this? What do you gamers use?

2. zweigand macrumors 6502a

zweigand

I suggest you see if the game can run in a Window instead of full screen. That should allow you to do what you want. Other than that I think you are out of luck ...unless you can use Leopard Spaces to do it.

3. superspiffy thread starter macrumors 6502a

The game can run in a window but since I can't adjust the window size and the default size happens to be very very small, it's pointless. Spaces don't do a thing either. The game hijacks the entire computer when it's full screen.

4. MikeTheC Guest

MikeTheC

Gallifrey -- Capitol City, Prydonian Sector
    Not that I'm a gamer, but this behavior is to be expected with most games, particularly anything half-way decent. It's just the normal behavior for them, since the basic theory behind their design is that, if you're playing them, then by definition you're not trying to do anything else.

You might be able to CMD + TAB your way back and forth different applications, however if the game has been designed to basically block CMD + TAB, you're sunk there, too.