Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

egk69

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
Hi guys, I have a video that is ".mov" and I cant use it in SonyVegas (Windows 7) cause it shows no Video (just audio)

So I'm trying to convert it to other format that hopefully wont make it look like crap and that will work with SonyVegas

I try iSkysoft Video Converter and it works, but It loose too much quality , the original .mov is 2GB and the biggest better quality i can get with that app is like 400-500mb :(

I'm giving up, I've search youtube and google for hours in the last 3 days without any success of making the .mov to work on sonyvegas or converting it, that's why i decided maybe someone in here can help me, I'm still kinda like a noob on MAC OS X

THANKS YOU!

egk69

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
VLC is just a player, i need to edit the video in SonyVegas =/

Handbrake , ok i remember now, it saysno valid source or something like that when i put the video in....

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
I don't know which container/format (determined by the file suffix like .avi or .mov or ...) or codec (the actual compression algorithm, H264 or MPEG2 or Divx or DV or ProRes or ...) Vegas uses, but MPEG Streamclip can support a lot of containers and codecs if they are installed. It works quite good for my editorial purposes, but I used it in Mac OS X, thus I don't knw how good the Windows version is. But it is better suited for transcoding video for an editing application than VLC Player* and Handbrake, as they only offer highly compressive codecs.

Find out which format/container and codec Vegas Pro accepts (I couldn't find any info on this in my short search) and report back, thus future searchers might know what they are up to.

MPEG Streamclip

* Transcoding video in VLC Player

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.