Help I need advice!!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mariot, Oct 26, 2010.

1. mariot macrumors member

i guys . I am new to this forum and stuck with this huge dilemma. Im currently a night time university student and looking for something portable and easy for taking notes. I have a basic laptop and thinking of getting the macbook pro but that would mean selling my iphone and laptop to buy the macbookpro.

Option two is keeping my iphone and laptop and getting the ipad for christmas .
    So in the end my question is .. Should I go for a laptop/ipad/iphone combo or just macbook pro?

Thanks

Mario

2. poloponies macrumors 68030

3. mariot thread starter macrumors member

The battery life suck and I need something to last at least 3 hours in class. Most of my classes only have one plug and it is usually taken by the time i arrive.

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Honestly, it depends on what you can afford. I own a MacBook Pro, iPad and iPhone and that combo works for me and my daily activities.

FYI, an iPad is just like an iPhone/iPod touch, it requires a computer to sync information and to back-up your device, if you own another computer (desktop/laptop), then selling your laptop might not be a bad idea, but if your laptop is your main and only computer, then an iPad is not an ideal replacement (trust me).

5. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

6. mariot thread starter macrumors member

The battery is brand new it just sucks lol. If I get the ipad i would not be replacing my laptop I would be keeping it . Like I said it I would have a ipad/iphone/ laptop combo

7. xraytech macrumors 68020

Just get a new MacBook or MacBook Pro 13"

Use pen and paper for taking notes.

8. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

honestly, i would get the macbook pro.

My reason for this is the usability of it for school Vs iPad. The iPad is quite restricted in terms of what you would be using it for.

On the other hand, if you are simply taking notes or storing ebooks on it, then the ipad would be great.

But for developing and multitasking, i would stick with a laptop, and the macbook is amazing. I have a 13 inch macbook pro and it is by far one of the best investments ive done (in terms of electronics).

9. mariot thread starter macrumors member

Ok I dont think I made myself clear. I currently have an iphone and laptop . The laptop is not great to bring to school because the battery sucks. So the option I have is to just purchase the ipad to take to school and takes notes from there . Or sell my iphone and laptop and get just the macbook pro which i will use to take to class.

10. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

Then just get the ipad....if your fine with syncing it to your current laptop its a no brainer.

and if you were like me in school, you'll have a new toy to play games on while in class!!! :)

11. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

How about an external battery? The cheapest option there is. For extended typing on the iPad you'll probably want a physical keyboard.

12. mariot thread starter macrumors member