HELP! I need some ideas!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by coolbananas, Feb 3, 2011.

1. coolbananas macrumors newbie

Hey guys! I really need an idea for a short film project Im doing at school! Its need to be about 5 minutes long and I just need a theme or idea to work with. Ive got an underwater camera so if someone can think of an idea to do with that, it would be great! Thanks for you time :D

2. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

3. matteusclement macrumors 65816

matteusclement

a day in the life of

I have to do one of these this week too.
    I am doing one on a co-worker who became quadriplegic after a car accident and how he is dealing with it today.

4. Synthion macrumors regular

A cool idea

Cool background music (i.e. Right here, Right now by Fatboy Slim), no other sound from the movie.

Someone jumps in the water
    Underwater, zoom in on his face, (discreetly switch scene with a blur or something), zoom out onto a beach, or city, (any good movie editor should be able to do this with ease), it is a paradise. Food, girls, thrones, the works. Spend a few minutes on this, gradually become bluer on screen with a color filter as time goes on. Have a girl give him a coin or a shell or something which he puts into his pocket. Next, let weird distortions, or strange incidents happen, and then cut to outside the pool, he is lying unconscious on the ground, He wakes up and spits out water. He was saved by a lifeguard. Everyone walks away. He is alone.

Then he reaches into his pocket to see the coin or shell given to him by the fantasy lady. He walks away, smiling.

~Synthion

5. De Rocca macrumors member

Do a Jaws parody seen out of the eyes of the shark (in a local swimming pool)

Everybody should swim away and scream and stuff.

At the end you take a shot of the "Jaws", maybe indeed a goldfish or a kid who learns to dive or swim (over here they have floating devices to put around your belly, to support you when you're in the water, on the top side they mounted a colourfull sharks fin... Really funny, it sells in local sports stores

6. FroColin macrumors regular

Remember whatever you do that you need a defined "point". Make sure you know exactly what it's about and what it's saying. Because that needs to drive everything. I know what I'm saying sounds really obvious but it's actually forgotten a lot. When your writing a story and you have this "Cool idea" where the main character is imagining something or (Idk some complex plot) the main concept has to be simple. If it feels complicated to you it's too complicated. If your doing comedy then this probably doesn't apply but otherwise it's very easy to forget to make the point of your plot clear.
    Good luck

7. FroColin macrumors regular

Another idea that I like (If your into cinematic stuff) is just go through someone's normal day (As boring as possible) but make it WAY over dramatic. Not in the way he does anything but the way you shoot it and the music etc. You have to have a good feel for music and stuff but it would be cool. Cause the audience would be waiting for something to happen the whole time and nothing would cause everyone's day is dramatic in their own mind