HELP! I need to connect to a network!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DestinyLost, Oct 23, 2008.

1. DestinyLost macrumors newbie

I'm attempting to connect to a network at my work after a clean install of OSX, it keeps saying that the locations of the network places (other computers) can't be found.
    There are only a handful of them that do work, that connected automatically when i started the computer up. How do i connect to the others? I'm not positive but i'm pretty sure the others are all PCs.
    Thanks for the help!

-DestinyLost

2. DestinyLost thread starter macrumors newbie

I already have windows sharing on and i think everything else i need should be turned on, but i can't connect to a lot of the other computers and servers! please help!!!
    It could be that i simply did something wrong, i've never had to connect to a network on a mac before! ANYTHING you have to say is GREATLY appreciated!! ^_^

-DestinyLost

3. misterredman macrumors 6502a

misterredman

Are you using leopard? What kind of network are you connected to? and how are you trying to connect to the other computers exactly?

If you are using leopard the other computers should appear on the left side in finder's window. Do you see them there?

4. DestinyLost thread starter macrumors newbie

This is one of my work computers, we connect to the other computers through the ethernet cable. Some of the computers are Macs and some are Windows pcs and i'm running tiger 10.4.11
    I've tried to do the network connections assistant thing, and i think i changed all the firewall settings correctly and turned on windows sharing.
    There is an older folder that says all the old connections but when i try to connect it says that they can't be found. At this time, in the my network folder i can only connect to about 1/3 of all the computers/printers/servers that i should be.
    I hope this helps! let me know if you need to know anything else!

-DestinyLost