Help! I need to make T-zones (T-Mobile Web) $5.99 plan work...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mullet, Jul 12, 2008.

1. mullet macrumors regular

I used Pwnage Tool to unlock a 1.1.4 iPhone. My phone service with T-Mobile on the iPhone works fine. I just can't get the T-zones (T-Mobile Web) service that costs $5.99 to work. I've put in the wap.voicestream.com address in and nothing works. I've also looked for the T-zones hack in Installer app and it's not there. Anyone know how to get this to work with my configuration? What am I missing here?

Regards,
    Mullet

PS I've even tried the internet2.voicestream.com address as well.

2. ljump12 macrumors 6502

I believe you just need to install the 1.1.3 hack for tzones... it's in the installer.. check again

3. buckeye17 macrumors member

How long have you had T-zones on your plan? You need the T-Zones hack for 1.1.4 that is in Installer, listed under Tweaks. Perhaps you need to update your community sources?

4. mullet thread starter macrumors regular

Thanx for your suggestions. I ended up updating the community sources and finally the hack appeared in 1.1.4 Tweaks. After that everything works fine now.

Regards,
    Mullet

5. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

is it still possible to get the 5.99 tzones plan? can you get it for prepaid sims?

6. mullet thread starter macrumors regular

I believe it's not called tzones anymore. It's called T-Mobile Web. It's available only for people who have a plan ie not pay as you go. It also still costs $5.99.

Regards,
    Mullet

7. mesmurized macrumors newbie

Does T-Mobileweb really work? I've heard lots of chatter about a change at T-Mobile that broke the cheap old T-Zones Internet plan/hack.

BTW: I just added the full Internet (19.99) package due to this chatter, but will downgrade if it really works 100%.

8. Tommyzors macrumors member

I have had the T-zone plan add on since Feb. and is still working fine. In fact I can load websites like Yahoo in about 3 seconds.

9. luffx macrumors regular

What exactly is the T-MobileWeb package?

Does it allow you to use the internet via the T-Mobile network? Or do you need to be in range of a T-Mobile Wireless Router @ a Starbucks or somewhere?

I'm considering an iPhone as soon as 2.0 is cracked. But I don't want a data plan that is purely situational, depending on where you are.

10. mullet thread starter macrumors regular

The T-zones web service is now called T-mobile Web. It's a service that provides web browsing normally to phones like the Motorola Razr. You can hack your iPhone to use this service. It provides an edge connection. It costs $5.99/mo. You don't need to get the $20 unlimited data plan if you get this service. If I remember correctly, the $20 plan doesn't require you to use the T-zones hack.

~Mullet

11. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

I've got conflicting reports whether the TZones (or T Mobile web) is available with a pre-paid plan - It seems more people say its not so for now I'm going to assume you can't add the $5.99 service onto a pre-paid plan; with that being said whats the cheapest way to get data on the iPhone without a contract (voice is not necessary).

I already have a T-Mobile pre-paid SIM that I can use or add a contract to but if I'm going to call up I want to get everything straight that I'll need to ask for as I don't want to ask them "Whats the cheapest way to get your data on my 1st gen iPhone?" :)

12. luffx macrumors regular

So you're saying, for $5.99/mo, I can have full internet access on my iPhone? Meaning I can be anywhere and get the internet & receive IMAP mail?

If so, where is this hack found?

thanks!

13. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

Well, its $5.99 + a voice plan (the cheapest is $29.99). If you already have T-Mobile its a great deal, if you don't its still cheaper than the standard AT&T plan but kinda pricey.

I'm going to give the AT&T GoPlan pre-paid a try today... That'll only be $19.99/month for data only (which is all I need). That seems to be the cheapest way to get data on the iPhone.

14. luffx macrumors regular

Awesome.

I already have T-Mobile MyFaves on a RAZR phone.

I just want to swap it out with an iPhone & get internet service on it.

Sounds like it'll be possible, once somebody figures out the new iPhone. =3

15. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

It seems like the jailbrake/unlock tool will be released any day now but from what I understand you won't get 3G speed because T-Mobile doesn't offer it (and when they do it will be different from AT&T's).. You might want to think about getting a 1st generation iPhone from ebay, craigslist (or wherever you can) - if it still has 1.1.4 on it you can use the T-Zones now as that hack is already available.

16. luffx macrumors regular

I heard that T-Mobile will be offering 3G this summer. Now if it'll work or not is another story. :p

Edit: Just did some research, and it looks as if 3G will be Voice Only. wtf?

Now, the question that completely trumps all of this thought & theory...

Is it possible to purchase a new iPhone w/o a contract?

17. liquidh2o macrumors 6502

Quick question. Are you saying you can get a prepaid Data plan through AT&T for $19.99 without having to get a prepaid voice plan? Or is that in addition to the prepaid voice plan?

All i could find for AT&T's prepaid plan is voice(lowest 29.99) w/ the Data add-on (19.99). I'm in the same boat as you, wanting to use for data only, and $50/month for it is pretty underwhelming, especially when you look at what t-mobile offers.

I'm sure 2.0 will be hacked soon enough, but for now it's ATT/2.0/$50 per mo or T-mobile/1.1.4/$35 per mo

Tough tradeoff :(

18. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

Yes, but not yet and it won't be cheap. They did announce unsubsidized phones will be available for $599/$699 (8/16Gb respectively), but they are still locked to AT&T so you'd have to unlock yourself for use w/ T-Mobile.

I think so.. I'm just going by what I read here:
    http://www.tuaw.com/2008/05/12/finally-a-data-only-iphone-plan-for-20-month/

I'll post results tonight, I went to the AT&T store at lunch and bought a $25.00 pre-paid card so I'll test it out tonight. If it works I'll add on the $100 to make it last more than 90 days.

The way it works is that your pre-paid balance is only using data - in theory you could make voice calls as well and it'll come off your balance at .25 cents a minute..

Like I said I'll post tonight once I can get home and have the plan added to my account. (I'm going to create a new thread as I don't want to get too off-topic with this one since it was supposed to be regarding T-Mobile).

19. liquidh2o macrumors 6502

I will be eagerly awaiting your findings :D

Will also be interested to know if you can do this while updated to 2.0, best of luck!