[Help] I rly wanna use Safari but...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lgfaver, Jun 12, 2011.

1. lgfaver macrumors member

...the flash performance is a pain in the butt.
    For some reason it not only runs a bit laggy, as in very "stuttery"(doesn't flow nicely like it should) but the picture also gets out of sync with the audio. and when i switch to fullscreen mode, it's just unbearable. this happens with youtube videos, as well as Hulu and other flash based sites.
    I really don't know why and i have no clue how to fix it. I had installed the latest version of flash, i uninstalled it and installed it again and it's still the same. i even went as far as downloading the latest version of Safari, thinking that could be it, but no.... turns out i already had the latest version installed.

For some reason, the same does no occur when im using Chrome. now, i know Chrome has its own flash player(even when i uninstalled flash, videos on Chrome would still play), but why is it not working correctly on Safari? I really like Safari, especially when i only have one tab open(more screen space) but it's impossible for me to use if Flash is as buggy as it has been for me. Any advice/tips ?

2. lgfaver thread starter macrumors member

i think i may have stabilized this whole thing. i kicked up the storage setting from 100kb to 1mb and unchecked the hardware acceleration. i don't know if that may have done anything or the thing just fixed itself.
    it's still not perfect in my opinion, it might be like a millisecond out of sync, barely noticeable(maybe im just seeing things) but it's definitely an improvement.

3. lgfaver thread starter macrumors member

thanks man, that seems like a viable alternative but i'd really prefer to try to fix(if possible) the flash plugin. i mean, like i said already, it has somewhat stabilized and it's working better after the setting changes i made but still, i'd like to hear from someone who's had experience with this.