HELP!! I see Colours!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by guitarguyluis, Sep 27, 2007.

1. guitarguyluis macrumors newbie

First of all, Hello to everyone in this forum.

Now my problem:

Seems like a PRAM problem, colored stripes changing and OS X not loading. So i tried the PRAM reset, chimes 2 times, seems to be working, but.. OS X gets stuck. Then i think, well maybe the NVRAM reset. Do the keys, turn it on again and stripes come up again. Tried the Open Firmware, stripes continue appearing. Almost tried everything but booting from CD. Has anyone had this problem?? Would appreciate the help.

Thanks.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Why haven't you tried booting from the CD? What sort of Mac do you have?

3. MorzillA macrumors 6502

MorzillA

Thought of the same questions......

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Colored stripes that change randomly, if you have a CRT type of display (the big, bulky ones that aren't flat), is almost always caused by a magnetized display. This is very easy to cure - I had this problem once, and I fixed it by degaussing the display. Most CRTs have a degauss function either as a button on the display or in the OSM (On-Screen Menu).

If you have an LCD display, on the other hand, the problem could be a number of things - one possible cause is a loose connection between the graphics card and the display.

5. guitarguyluis thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok So..

I tried booting from CD and i couldnt get very far, the os x loads and then passes to a blue screen and wont get pass that. I have an iBook G4. I tried again booting in target mode and i could read the hard drive, and well made some backup too.. But it seems theres something seriouslly wrong.
    What d' you guys think??

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Can you boot from the Apple Hardware Test CD? :)

7. guitarguyluis thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, cant bbot from the apple system test CD. mmmmhm.. What else can i do, im thinking on gettin new RAM and trying it out. Du think its viable?

8. Jebaloo macrumors 6502

If it is coloured vertical, slightly ever changing stripes on your screen, then this happened to me.

I took it to the apple store and they replaced both the screen and the logic board (for free), which solved the problem.

try attaching your computer to an external screen to see if that pins down the problem.