Help! I seriously Am CONFUSED

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ThatGuyNamedTom, Dec 1, 2010.

1. ThatGuyNamedTom macrumors newbie

I recently bought a new Macbook Pro 13'', like 2 days ago,
    Installed Windows XP SP2 via Bootcamp,
    Installed the Mac OS X drivers on the disc, Yet No Sound comes out?
    Ive done tons of searching, but Ive never found any solutions?

2. ThatGuyNamedTom thread starter macrumors newbie

If someone could please just post a Guide on how to fix this you would SAVE A LIFE. im seriously ripping out all of the hair on my head!

3. karsten macrumors 6502a

karsten

use your volume buttons make sure theyre up pretty high. if still no sound make sure it's not muted in the volume icon in system tray. open mixer and click on the speaker icon to make sure your speakers are selected as the output device. do you get any sound out of line-out? check control panel-device manager and make sure there's no yellow exclamation points in the hardware list make sure your sound got installed correctly. try all of that.

4. keen-on-mac-1 macrumors member

keen-on-mac-1

Also make sure that your sound drivers are up to date.

5. LiquidSpikes macrumors regular

LiquidSpikes

Put in some headphones see if they work...

I have experienced a weird issue where windows thinks it has headphones plugged in when it doesnt. by inserting and then removing headphones or speakers from the audio out jack fixed the issue for me :)

6. huckduck macrumors newbie

+1.

in XP i had an issue where windows didn't recognize the headphone jack switch starting in the unplugged position. a quick in out fixed it for me too