HELP!!!!!!!! I spilled coffee on my new MBP!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by torontogurl1987, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. torontogurl1987, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013

torontogurl1987 macrumors newbie

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No, that's considered fraud. You can't break something and take it back for a refund.

I'm sorry to hear about the accident but you need to take responsibility. Try putting it in a bag of rice for a couple of days.

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Your only choice is out-of-pocket repair. Your warranty is void.

4. torontogurl1987, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013

torontogurl1987 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

even if they do accept the return, someone will eventually examine it and you will get charged for it.

6. wonderspark macrumors 68030

wonderspark

The very idea that you would consider sneaking a damaged product back to Apple and hope to get away with it because they didn't check it makes me sad. I think you should consider another option, which is to take personal responsibility for the damage. There are ways to fix the laptop. Apple may be a big, rich corporation, but that doesn't make it ok to rip them off, which is what you appear to be considering.

7. torontogurl1987 thread starter macrumors newbie

So u think they will CONTACT me after and say that I returned it bc of liquid damage?

I was thinking of just saying it was glitchy and I dont like it and I want to return it. Apple is a huge company, you really think they willl hunt me down?

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, they will check it, and yes, you are responsible, no matter what. I would be ashamed to even suggest what you're suggesting in an open forum. What happened to integrity and honesty?

Yes, they have your record of purchase, and yes, they will hold you responsible.

9. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

It's understandable that you're frustrated by this, but really what are you expecting anyone on here to tell you? Regarding issues of fraudulence, this isn't the place to seek legal advice.

10. torontogurl1987 thread starter macrumors newbie

wow chill out people, just asking... I will likely take it into shop!!!!!!!

11. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I suggest you read the maflynn quote above.

It would be nice if you took responsibility for your actions, and not lie and try to scam your way out of it.

You messed up...we all do at one time or another. Stop trying to find a way to get away with your screw up...try the rice...and if that doesn't work, live with the consequences.

12. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

This is turning into a troll thread. No way OP is that oblivious.

13. torontogurl1987 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea, I am going to tell them I spilled coffee and then see if they will still offer my warranty, if not Ill just send it in for repairs? How much is that? 700$

14. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

It would be around that price. You'll need a new logic board for sure.

15. torontogurl1987 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok thx

16. mdawid, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2013

mdawid macrumors regular

mdawid

How do you sleep at night? What you're considering doing is so ethically wrong. Not to mention, it's disguised stealing! I agree with the OP, take responsibility for your actions and pay whatever the cost of getting the laptop fixed. Who knows, Apple may take pitty on you and GIVE you an exchange to be nice. A side note, they will want to test the laptop when you return it to make sure it isn't damaged. You seriously think they would just take it back, a $2,000 +/- machine and not test it before letting you walk out with your money or a replacement? I exchanged a 13" MBP a couple of months ago because I decided I wanted a 15" instead. They made damn sure the one I was returning was in good working condition.

17. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    The OP got his answer and we don't need to pig pile on him for his posts. So I'm closing the thread

[/thread]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.