help - i suddenly cant access facebook

Discussion in 'macOS' started by blueutopia, Oct 10, 2010.

1. blueutopia macrumors newbie

hi all,

i couldn't log onto facebook from my mbp suddenly this afternoon. i realised that when i tried to share stuff from a news site, and realised no matter how many times and how many linked email addresses i used to log in, i would always return to the same login prompt.

i tried many ways to solve this problem, using https allows me to auto login and see my news feed but other pages wont work at all.
    i have tried resetting my pram, cleared my cache/cookie in all three browsers and onyx as well, and and fixed my file permissions but to no avail.

strangely, this happens to all three browsers i use (safari, chrome and firefox) and it's certainly not a network problem because my Win7 desktop can access it without any problems! gmail and outlook web access (for my school email) is working fine as well.

i'm really at my wits' end on this...anyone could help? ):

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

LOL. I resisted the urge to say "Congratulations!" :D Sounds like a problem with Facebook or possibly an ad blocker.

4. blueutopia thread starter macrumors newbie

i realised my antivirus suddenly wrecked havoc...thats funny because ive been using it for a few months!

anyway, i deactivated the cookie watch and everything worked again. how stupid i felt :(

5. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

Sorry, I... can't... refrain... but...
    You don't need an antivirus, using Mac OS X.

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Why are you using an antivirus on OS X? there currently aren't any viruses out there and any new one that suddenly appears wont be in your antivirus database so it wont catch it anyway.

7. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

I quit facebook about a year ago, no more kids whining and writing status updates, just to make people comment on them.