help..i think i found a problem with my iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by makaveli25, Oct 18, 2007.

1. makaveli25 macrumors newbie

i have a week 37 iPod and have been very happy with it. apart from one stuck pixel that i can hardly see.

you know how you can press the "home" button twice to bring up the music options, well it works fine in portrait mode. in landscape however the skip next track and move to previous track seem unresponsive despite how much times i've tried to press it. i can select the other things that pop up, like the volume.

the play/pause also doesnt respond in the same way, not sure why

i only have this problem when in landscape mode, so i thought the screen itself was either faulty or had some dirt on it.

i gave it a clean. i then went to coverflow and pressed down on the same points where the skip next track button would have been (if i had again brought up those options) and the coverflow reacted properly as it should.

so the screen doesnt seem to have that problem on that part of the screen for any other activity (from the little i've been able to test so far)

its only when i've got that music options on screen and only in landscape.

sometimes the buttons on screen will react, but not often.

2. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Similar things happen to me sometimes, I double click the home button and even though the is music playing it shows up the play icon (insted of the pause one) and the back and forward buttons are greyed out. Try rebooting, if that dosent work give it a restore.