Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

antdawe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
My iphone was recently very slow. all running apps were closed but still slow.

I jailbroke it ages ago with redsnow.

To solve the slow issue I tried doing a full wipe reset. half way through the screen went black and now nothing. wont go into dfu mode. wont even switch off. the apple logo comes up then the skull logo spins then nothing blank screen with a low light so it is switched on.

Cant even take it back to apple and play dumb because of the spinning skull.

help please

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Are you sure it wont go into DFU mode? Unless you unlocked and messed with the baseland, I doubt its bricked.

antdawe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
Are you sure it wont go into DFU mode? Unless you unlocked and messed with the baseland, I doubt its bricked.

no not unlocked its sim free factory.

pretty sure it wont. tried loads of times. cant even get it to switch off. i vaguely remember a program that would force ios into dfu from mac or am i making things up.

MaxBurn

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2010
DFU mode should still work, but it isn't the easiest thing to get into. There are some youtube videos on it that help a lot.

Again pretty far from being bricked.

dudeabiding

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2009
I accidentally deleted a whole bunch of files while phone was running and still managed to get it to be recognized by iTunes after 1/2 hour of fooling with home and power button + USB plug. Don't give up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.