Help i think my iphone 4 is brickd

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by antdawe, May 5, 2011.

1. antdawe macrumors regular

My iphone was recently very slow. all running apps were closed but still slow.

I jailbroke it ages ago with redsnow.

To solve the slow issue I tried doing a full wipe reset. half way through the screen went black and now nothing. wont go into dfu mode. wont even switch off. the apple logo comes up then the skull logo spins then nothing blank screen with a low light so it is switched on.

Cant even take it back to apple and play dumb because of the spinning skull.

help please

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Are you sure it wont go into DFU mode? Unless you unlocked and messed with the baseland, I doubt its bricked.

3. antdawe thread starter macrumors regular

no not unlocked its sim free factory.

pretty sure it wont. tried loads of times. cant even get it to switch off. i vaguely remember a program that would force ios into dfu from mac or am i making things up.

4. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

DFU mode should still work, but it isn't the easiest thing to get into. There are some youtube videos on it that help a lot.

Again pretty far from being bricked.

5. labman, May 5, 2011
    Last edited: May 5, 2011

labman macrumors 604

labman

6. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

I accidentally deleted a whole bunch of files while phone was running and still managed to get it to be recognized by iTunes after 1/2 hour of fooling with home and power button + USB plug. Don't give up.