Help I think my Macbook pro is dead

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Miss Southern, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Miss Southern macrumors newbie

I'm new to macs, I had a slight spillage behind my computer. I'm not sure if any actually went into the air fan at the back but i paniced and picked it up and tossed it around a bit. Now I can't get anything from it. There is a pulsing light on the front of the computer now. Previously the screen was black but it appeared the computer was still running. Now nothing. Its brand new..... help pls, i read about moving it while it was on and sleep mode?????

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

The pulsing light is the sleep indicator light.
    Does pressing the on/off button or any keys bring the Mac out of sleep?
    Has it still enough battery power or is it powered by the power plug?

You can move the Mac around while it sleeps, as the only active component in there are the RAM, the battery and the sleep indicator light.
    Moving a notebook while it is running (not sleeping) is not recommended, because the HDD's reading/writing heads are in movement and might crash onto the platter(s), damaging it somewhat.

3. Miss Southern thread starter macrumors newbie

When I turn on/off button the keyboard lights up and I can hear sound but the screen is black. I have had the battery plugged in so it is fully charged. The sleep mode light is pulsing.when the laptop is closed and goes off when I open up. The apple on the top doesn't light up ant more either.
    Thank you for taking the time to try and help me.:(:(:(:(:(

4. Surely Guest

Surely

Try pressing the Return key to take the computer out of sleep.

Try increasing the screen brightness (F2 button). Maybe in your panic you turned off the screen.

5. Maserati7200 macrumors 6502a

Maserati7200

11230, Midwood, Brooklyn, NY, USA, North America
    You have spill damage. Apple doesn't cover spill damage. You can remedy the situation (and not leave any evidence behind) if you do the following: turn off your computer. Take out the battery, and if you like, the RAM and HDD as well. Open your laptop and turn it upside down (keyboard facing the floor, see picture). Have it stay like that for 1-3 days. The laptop should work after that. This worked for me every time. It would be best if you did do this as soon as you read this.

Attached Files:

6. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

take it to the Apple Store and see how much a repair will run you.

7. Surely Guest

Surely

Anyone else notice more than 18 hours between the OP's posts?