HELP I Think My Twentieth Anniversary Mac is Dead

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by froggytreafrogg, Oct 10, 2012.

1. froggytreafrogg macrumors regular

froggytreafrogg

Hi. I've tried everything. It turns on, chimes, fan spins, but it will never display anything on the screen...that's all it does. It happened after I attempted to add an Ethernet card (which was used in the TAM before, years ago). I let it sit for days unplugged without the battery, pressing the CUDA, replacing the battery. This thing sat over a month disconnected from all sources of power. I've tried everything I know. Please help as this is a valuable peice to my collection. Thanks :apple:

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

3. needfx macrumors 68040

needfx

well, updating is out of the question.

Any Apple Antique Geniuses in your area?

4. froggytreafrogg thread starter macrumors regular

froggytreafrogg

goodness no. I am the antique apple genius and im stummped. haha. do you think letting it sit up with it plugged in and the battery back in would do anything? thanks.

5. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

Did you try re-installing Mountain Lion?

Sorry. Couldn't resist. :p

Did you try taking out the ethernet card that caused this? I would go back to the exact configuration the last time it worked.

6. froggytreafrogg thread starter macrumors regular

froggytreafrogg

def indeed. i tried disconnecting everything. ive noticed that when i take out all the cache and memory sticks, the tam still does the startup chime. how will i know if it has bad memory or not? thanks.

7. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I believe you don't get a startup chime with bad memory. I just put wrong memory in my daughter's blackbook and I don't think I got the chime. Instead I got a blinking power LED.

From cult of mac...