Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. MacBook

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
My dad is getting kind of pissed off at me because he needs MS powerpoint for his presentations in his buisness.

We dont want to spend $300 for MS professional, and i mentioned iWork, but im not sure if it can run powerpoint presentations and be opened up in powerpoint, and i dont think student/teacher edition has powerpoint

Please, tell me if iWork is good for a buisness man.

The only thing stopping him from hating it is the fact that if he does get it, he can use the remote for presentations.

lancestraz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2005
RI
You can import export PowerPoint files with Keynote; though I'm not sure how well that works...

Bobdude161

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2006
N'Albany, Indiana
Yes, Keynote will work with PowerPoint presentations. It can open and save slideshows as PowerPoint. I just figured this out :p . It's really cool.

EDIT: awww lance beat me to it. It works very well. I have some old Office 98 PPT slideshows that work with Keynote seamlessly

Mr. MacBook

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
If i bought a "Used" MS office 2004 disc off amazon, would i be able to install it?

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2006
by way of boot camp yes. why not just buy MS office for mac, it is not too price and solves whatever weird issue your dad is having.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.