Help I woke up to a dead phone!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 420-THC, Mar 20, 2010.

1. 420-THC macrumors member

Ok I've had my unlocked/jailbroken 2G 16gb since December 28th and it's been trouble free until today...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I woke up looked over at my phone, pushed the home button to light up the screen and.... wait for it.... nothing. So me being the cool guy I am I clicked the top button 12 more times and still nothing. So I push the sleep/wake button plus the home button for hard reset, success I see the :apple: screen and ten minutes later and the phone is working.

Now there is a problem that is bugging the living crap out of me :mad: :eek: :(. My message preview is now directly on top of my clock, instead of the middle of the screen. Please help me!!

Attached Files:

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

3. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

This is very interesting something like this happened to a buddy of mine. He just plugged it into iTunes and did a restore. A full restore, it seems that it being jailbroken is what caused the problem.

Ever since then he's just been running a stock 3GS with no jailbreak and he says it's problem free ever since and quicker an much smoother.