Help! IC Identification Macbook Pro 15 Late 2008 Unibody See Photo

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Auricular, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Auricular, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013

Auricular macrumors newbie

TI 8A2064 I think this is a power management related chip for the 5volt usb power supply. The markings are TI 8A 2064 it has 8 leads and is around 2.5mm across.

Hers the Photo

Attached Files:

2. Auricular, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013

Auricular thread starter macrumors newbie

Tps2064dgn

Just to let anyone who needs this in the future is is a Texas Instruments TPS2064DGN which is a USB power switch and output was shorted.

I am going to document the symptom diagnosis and repair in this thread if interested:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1540479

3. igorpresent macrumors newbie

igorpresent

I have a similar issue with the IC of the picture, it is short circuited so I need to replace it but I dont know the part name to search it

Attached Files:

4. treekram macrumors 65816

The previous post (from 2013) had what you should search for: "Texas Instruments TPS2064DGN". A search will bring up numerous companies that sell this part. If you are in the US, Mouser sells this. I have bought from Mouser in the past and they're a good company. The shipping will probably cost more than the part, though. The link below has a lot of information on this part, including the datasheet.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Texas-Instruments/TPS2064DGN/?qs=ojKcPFmCWSVvyqHnflmLkQ==

5. igorpresent macrumors newbie

igorpresent

Thanks Treekram, searching on TExas Instruments Marking Conventions I found that first line in package is the logo and date code, and second line is for the Device part number.
    At the begining of my quest I was desoriented cause this two numbers in first line , right side of the logo.
    So it seems to be that numbers in first line are not relevants.

6. treekram macrumors 65816