Help identifying component on A1278

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Chourizo, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Chourizo macrumors newbie

After too much wine one night my macbook tasted a bit of it... and it didn't like it.

After the spill I cleaned everything carefully, but one component is damaged. Could you help me identifying it, so I can order a replacement?

It is a 6-pin component under the right corner of the LVDS connector on the motherboard. Hard to see from the picture, but pin number 4 is totally gone (trace is good). When I connect power there is no light at all at the magsafe.

The component has written XNP and YO in vertical. It measures 2.18mm x 2.18mm (SOT-23-6?) and after looking carefully everywhere in the pcb I don't see any other component like this. My guess is that it is a transistor.

Thanks in advance.

photo1
    photo2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

May want to look here:

http://laptop-schematics.com/

Also, A1278 is not a unique identifier, so make sure you double-check to get the correct schematic for your system.

3. Chourizo thread starter macrumors newbie

You are right. Looking at the EMC number I believe my logic board is the K90.

Anyway, after diving through the schematics I think I found it. I believe the part is Q4262. It can be purchased in Digikey, BSS8402DW-FDICT-ND. I'll change it tomorrow, let's see what happens.