Help identifying my Macbook. UK, US or EU model?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by opencube, Jun 6, 2012.

1. opencube, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012

opencube macrumors member

I bought a Macbook Pro a few months ago from an online UK retailer, but it took them weeks to deliver, and i suspected they may have been ordering stock as and when an order came in.

I also was suspicious when it arrived as it didnt have a dedicated £ symbol.

Heres a shot of the keyboard.

Can anyone clarify what model I have?

Ive contacted the retailer and they have insisted its a UK model, but id like independent clarification.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks

2. thundersteele macrumors 68030

You should use tags for the links, not [url].

The keyboard looks just like my US keyboard. I think the UK version has a vertical enter key, and also I would expect a pound symbol somewhere. Would be good to get someone from UK to confirm though.

3. beardboy macrumors regular

beardboy

Can't confirm which of the 3 you have, but you definitely don't have a UK one i'm afraid.

As mentioned above, the UK one has the vertical Enter key and the £ symbol is on the number 3 key.

EDIT - looking at it again, lots of your keys are different to my UK keyboard. My Command key says CMD not the full word, the same as the Option and Control keys too...

4. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

Unfortunately, I'm 100% sure this is NOT the UK model. Did you get it quite cheap? Maybe is imported from US. I think you should return it.

5. will0407 macrumors 6502a

100% this is NOT a UK keyboard. Most obvious is the fact that there's no £ sign. UK keybaords also do not have delete, command, control etc written on the keys. And Uk keyboards have the vertical return key. That looks american to me.

6. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

Also from memory the last 2 letters before the slash on the model number show its country of origin.

e.g

MD3134xx/A

The 2 x's should have 2 letters that show its country of origin.

But I cant seem to find the list of letters.

Seems to have disappeared from the internet. :D