Help if you can: Website startup for guitar tabs.

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by dmbfan41, Sep 10, 2009.

1. dmbfan41 macrumors regular

So I would like to create a website for a band to provide access to user submitted guitar tablature. I would like to have a drop down menu to pick a song, then go to a page where you could choose from different versions people have submitted.

What would be the best way to go about doing this? I'm guessing you would use a database, so use php + mysql? Pretty much open to any suggestions. I'll learn whatever I need to learn. I'm pretty good when it comes to learn things on the computer. Have some C++/java background, but no experience with php/sql except for things like wordpress, etc through godaddy.

dmbtabs.com as an example...

thanks for any suggestions/ideas/etc. all is welcome.

2. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

hmm

Isn't legality your biggest technical issue?

3. dmbfan41 thread starter macrumors regular

d post.

4. dmbfan41 thread starter macrumors regular

No. It is legal for the band I am interested in making this for one. Secondly, you are allowed to host tabs as long as they aren't copyrighted. These are independently tabbed by ear, not copies of sheet music. It would be noted that all images, songs & album titles are copyright of the band and that the site may be used for private study, scholarship, or research only. No other right is granted.